Tuesday, March 25, 2014

✯Release Blitz w/review✯ "Stuck in Between" by Blakely Bennett

Click on the banner to follow the blitz and read the first THREE chapters of Stuck In Between by Blakely Bennett!

Title: Stuck In Between
Author: Blakely Bennett
Genre: Erotic Romance
Release Date: March 24, 2014
Cover Designer: Yocla Designs
Editing: Read Owl

Please come celebrate the release of Stuck In Between, the first novel in the Bound by Your Love Series! There will be games and giveaways. Join us for a chance to win free copies of Blakely's books and many more prizes.




Jacqs is a twenty-eight year old woman caught up in an on again, off again relationship with Bond, who is her best friend and the one who causes her the most heartache. She succumbs, yet again, to his powerful charisma, but vows not make it into more than it is, a great night of sex.

Bond, too sexy for his own good, wants Jacqs for himself as he “dates” his way through the female population of South Florida. He selfishly doesn’t see the conflict of interest.

Red, Bond’s best friend, has watched Bond take Jacqs for granted for way too long and soon stakes his own claim on her.

Will Red and Jacqs budding relationship pull apart their tight-knit group of friends and will Jacqs survive being Stuck In Between.


CHAPTER ONE



3 Stars
"Stuck in Between" was a cute story with a massive love triangle. This review is a little difficult for me as I liked the story, and read through it pretty quickly wanting to know who Jacqs (the main female character)was going to pick. Was Bond going to finally change? Would Red get his heart broken? Would Jacqs end up alone? The story held my attention and was a easy/fun read. However, there were a few things that personally bothered me.

Jacqs and Bond had been best friends for the past 8 years. They had tried dating in the past a few times, but Bond always ended up really hurting her. His inability to commit to one girl ultimately came between them. Enter Red. Bond's best friend since childhood. Him and Jacqs never got along and then *BAM*, there he is expressing his hidden feelings to her. Their relationship took off so fast I felt as if I were to blink I may miss the transition. One second they can't stand one another, and the next they are getting all hot and heavy. I personally would have liked to have seen a bit of a buildup of their relationship, but then again once they opened up the doors to their relationship they did mesh so incredibly well. Red was such a sweet and understanding guy and was willing to do almost anything for Jacqs. You really couldn't help but love his character. I kept rooting for the two of them to have a HEA, but Bond was hell bent on getting her back with him. But could Bond actually change his ways and win her back, or would he lose her forever? The tension was high at times, and you couldn't help but feel bad for everyone involved. At times I found myself hoping for Bond and Jacqs to work things out, and others I wanted to smack some sense into him. 
It's not easy when one girl is in love with two men… someone is bound to get hurt. 

The main thing that I personally did not care for were the way the sex scenes were executed. The way that Jacqs constantly referred to the guys penises as "him" or "he" just felt very childish, and I found myself cringing more times during the sex scenes than being turned on. Quite a few times these scenes felt rushed to me, and the things that were said during sex were kind of awkward to me and were just not doing it for me. In that aspect I was fairly disappointed. However, the chemistry Jacqs had with both men was totally kick ass. Being that a decent size part of the book was based around sex, I just could not get past those things to give it a higher rating. 

All in all… Yes, I did enjoy reading the book. It was definitely a fun read, and the outcome of the story was not something I expected to happen. Was it one of my favorite books? No. Would I recommend it to others? Yes. I do look forward to reading future books in this series as there was much that was left open. I would LOVE to hear more about her sisters story, exactly what is going on with her best friend Lainie, and maybe even get the back story from Bond's pov of what led up to him being the way he now is with women. There is so much that can be done down the line with this story, and I cannot wait to see what is in store for all the characters.

Blakely Bennett grew up in Southeast Florida and has been residing in the great Northwest for over eight years. She graduated from Nova Southeastern University with a degree in psychology, which accounts for her particular interest in crafting the personalities, struggles, and motivations of her characters. She is an avid reader of many genres of fiction, but especially erotica and romance. Writing has always been her bliss. She is attracted to stories of self-struggle and ultimate recovery.



Blakely is married to a wonderful, loving and supportive husband, also a writer, who helps to keep her grounded. She is a mother, a communitarian, a lover of music (always on while she is writing—thank you, Pandora), and a good friend. An advocate of love and female empowerment, she is a facilitator for a women’s group. She loves to walk and hike for exercise and finds that, since moving to Seattle, WA, she is now one of those “crazy” people who walk in the rain.

Stuck In Between (erotic romance) is her 5th novel. She is also the author of the dark erotic suspense, My Body Trilogy (My Body-His, My Body-His (Marcello) & My Body-Mine) and co-authored the contemporary romance, The Demarcation of Jack with her husband, Dana Bennett.

Website · Facebook · Twitter · Pinterest · Google+ · Email

No comments:

Post a Comment